- Beasley & Galardi, P.A.
- Steel Hector & Davis LLP
Honors & Awards
- AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating for ethical standards and legal ability)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation
- Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, General Litigation
- "Top Lawyer" by South Florida Legal Guide, Corporate and Business Litigation
- Florida "Legal Elite," Florida Trend magazine
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors (1999)
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University (1994)
- Florida Bar, 1999
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Eleventh and Second Circuits
- U.S. District Courts, Southern, Northern, and Middle Districts of Florida
Joseph G. Galardi Tel: (561) 293-2530 Email: jgalardi@AthertonLG.com
Joe focuses his practice on complex business litigation matters for plaintiffs and defendants in state court, federal court, and arbitration. Joe has significant experience in breach of contract cases, corporate derivative and director and officer litigation, financial and banking related litigation, trade secret and employee non-compete claims, partnership disputes and dissolutions, professional malpractice, and the prosecution of securities class actions. Joe's cases frequently involve complex "e-discovery" issues, and he has extensive experience litigating these issues in court. Joe has successfully tried jury trials and argued appeals in state and federal appeals courts, including the Eleventh and Second Circuit Courts of Appeals. Joe routinely litigates against large corporations and institutions.
Joe has been a speaker and panelist for continuing legal education programs on matter relating to jury presentations, lost profits damages, and presentation of financial and damages experts. Joe holds an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is awarded to lawyers with the highest ethical standards and legal ability. Joe is consistently recognized by peer and industry publications including Best Lawyers in America, Florida "Super Lawyers," and Florida’s "Legal Elite."
Joe is active in the local community. He has long served on the board of directors of the Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Everglades Preparatory Academy charter high school in Pahokee, Florida, and of the Glades Academy Foundation, Inc.
Prior to joining the firm in November 2019, Joe Galardi was a partner for over 10 years with the boutique business litigation firm of Beasley & Galardi, P.A.
Areas of Practice
- Business Torts
- Contract Actions
- Securities Litigation
- Professional Liability Disputes
- Banking and Financial Services
- Partnership and Corporate Cases
- Multidistrict and Class Action Claims
- Executive Employment, Trade Secret and Non-Compete Claims
Breach of Contract and Business Torts
- Representation of a not-for-profit oceanographic research foundation against a Florida state university for breach of contract and to prevent the university’s attempt to improperly gain control of the foundation’s $70 million endowment.
- Representation of a charitable organization against Transamerica Life Insurance and its affiliates for an agent’s multi-million theft from the organization’s pension plan.
- Representation of a family-owned, nation-wide trucking and shipping company against General Electric Corporation for breach of locomotive parts shipping contracts and violation of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Jury verdict for an orthopedic surgeon in claims against his partners and the world’s largest medical technology company in connection with the development of a spinal implant system and involving over $60 million in unpaid royalties.
- Jury verdict for a mining entrepreneur in trial against one of the largest suppliers of construction materials in the United States and Canada in case involving theft of trade secrets and other business torts.
Partnership and Corporate Disputes
- Representation of a private equity firm and its managing partner against investor derivative claims alleging fraud and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with investment in a limited partnership fund.
- Representation of physician in a radiation oncology practice partnership break-up involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste, and complex accounting issues.
Executive Employment, Trade Secrets and Non-Compete
- Representation of the American affiliate of one of the world’s largest financial institutions in defense of claims brought by a senior investment advisor arising out of termination of his employment.
- Representation of a large food service distributor against a former employee for theft of trade secrets and to enforce a non-compete agreement.
- Representation of a not-for-profit hospital in various matters involving enforcement of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and consultation on separation and severance agreements.
Banking, Financial Services, Multidistrict and Class Actions
- Representation of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in the professional liability investigations of seven failed community banks located in Panama City, Tampa, Orlando, and South Florida, and in the resulting federal lawsuits filed against former bank directors and officers.
- As co-lead counsel, representation of Madoff Ponzi scheme victims in a federal securities class action filed against the recipients of over $7 billion in Ponzi scheme proceeds for their participation in the fraud.
- As co-lead counsel, representation of victims of the $7 billion Allen Stanford Ponzi scheme in a federal securities class action against largest global clearing firm.
- Representation of a multi-national law firm in defense of malpractice claims arising out of a complex HMO acquisition and arising out of an airport related real estate transaction.