- Business Litigation
- Shareholder and Securities Disputes
- Employment Claims
- Contract Actions
- Deceptive Trade Practices Litigation
- Noncompete and Trade Secret Claims
- Professional Liability Disputes
- Healthcare Fraud
- Electronic Discovery
- Media and First Amendment Law
- Trademark and Copyright Litigation
- Corporate and White Collar Investigations
- Scott W. Atherton
- Lauren S. Atherton
- Michael McAuliffe
- L. Martin Reeder, Jr.
- Terence M. Mullen
- Mia Williams
- Timothy W. Schulz
- Jon A. Jacobson
navigate complex government inquires and enforcement actions.
Corporate and White Collar Investigations
At AM&R, we conduct effective independent internal investigations for our corporate clients, including matters alleging:
- Financial, accounting and insurance fraud
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Employee embezzlement
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Conflicts of interest, self-dealing, and corporate waste
- Sensitive corporate governance matters
- Potential securities fraud
- Shareholder derivative demands
- FCPA matters (including reporting requirements)
- Racial, religious, or other protected status discrimination
- Sexual harassment/assault
- Potential criminal conduct
- Data/security breaches
We also have experience representing officers, directors, and corporate clients in responding to regulatory inquires, investigations, and enforcement actions involving:
- Federal grand jury proceedings
- State and federal regulatory issues
- Local, state and federal law enforcement investigations/charges
- Florida Attorney General investigations
- State and federal taxing authority disputes
- Election board investigations
- Professional licensing proceedings
Representative Corporate and White Collar Investigation Experience
Handled highly sensitive employee misconduct investigation with global implications for client. Issues included Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), allegations of embezzlement by employees, and extensive analysis of foreign laws.
Represented individual target client in federal grand jury investigation for corruption-related issues resulting in no charges being brought.
Represented an audit engagement partner from a Big Four accounting firm in connection with responding to a SEC Wells notice arising out of the restatement of a national restaurant chain's financial statements; SEC ultimately decided not to initiate an enforcement proceeding against our client.
Represented subsidiary of publicly traded company in connection with Florida Attorney General investigation alleging that over 1000 consumer were allegedly deceived during certain door-to-door sales encounters.
Represented an audit engagement partner in an SEC enforcement action arising out of alleged improprieties in the financial reporting by Sunbeam Corporation; case settled on favorable terms less than one month prior to trial.
Managed multiple complex computer forensic investigations involving stolen corporate data, manipulation of electronic files, and the destruction of electronic evidence.
Represented clients who were fact witnesses in federal and state investigations with focus on discretion and efficiency.
Managed and led organization-wide employee classification and wage review. Implemented re-classification initiative based on review and client’s conclusions.
Conducted numerous extensive investigations into allegations of sexual harassment for corporate clients.
Handled numerous governance matters acting as either board counsel or individual board members.
Representation of officers, directors, and management in securities fraud and shareholder derivative proceedings.